Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowed in!

UPDATE: Baby Harper is off of her respirator and is eating from a bottle!!!!! Praise God!!!! If you want to follow her story, click on the "Praying for Harper" on the left.

*********************************************

I should be waiting to board my flight at Philadelphia International Airport but, instead, I am sitting in my parents dining room writing a blog entry. I woke up this morning, all packed and ready to go, only to discover that my flight was cancelled. When I called, the guy on the other end of the line informed me that the 2 remaining flights for the day were uncertain and it would probably be in my best interest to re-book for tomorrow. So we will try to do this again tomorrow. Stupid snow and ice! It is nice to get one more day with my mom but I miss my husband and my kitty cats. Plus I was supposed to work tomorrow.

Oh well, since I cannot control the weather I will just go with it and enjoy!

Since I have been home I have been talking about the adoption a lot, filing in everyone on our progress...they should just read my blog but that is OK! I am so excited to find out who this little baby is that God has picked out for us! I am so excited to be a mom. I found these cute little books for the baby and I bought them. They are called God's Little Zoo and teach about manners, morals, etc. I couldn't help myself, I can't wait to read and snuggle with my little one!

Please pray today for all those out on the icy roads, for my baby and his/her birth mother, patience for Patrick and me as we wait to be matched, safe travels for me tomorrow and still prayers for baby Harper. She is doing so much better but still needs our prayers!

No comments: