Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dilated pupils + a very sunny day = OUCH!

I had an appointment with the eye doctor today and he dilated my eyes. I had walked to my appointment since it was a beautiful sunny day, notice I said sunny day. On the walk home, even with sun glasses on, I couldn't see anything! If I saw you on my way home and didn't acknowledge you, I'm sorry. I got home and had to lay down in my darkened bedroom and felt much better. I also got to take a little nap too! :)

I talked with the Waiting Child program today at Holt. This is the program for children with some sort of health problem that can't go through the normal adoption process. We are open to some health conditions as some are fixable or not too severe. The WC person said that, since we are home study ready (i.e. our home study is complete), they will call us when there are children available who meet our criteria. So, we will see if anything comes from that.

On a side note, we are planning a vacation to Florida! Patrick's good friend JM is getting married on Saint George Island in May and we are traveling down for it. Our awesome friends, the Erde's, live near Tallahassee and we will get to see them while we are there! I need to call Tamra to work out the details but cannot wait to see all of them again. They were our next door neighbors at seminary and are an amazing family! We really miss living close by and haven't seen them since January of 2006. Tamra flew all the way here for Madelyn's memorial service and is just an amazing woman of God!

I haven't updated about them in a while but our friends Nick and Janell had baby Joel on January 30th. Joel is very sick and had heart surgery today. The updates we have recieved have been good so we just ask for continued prayers for baby Joel and for his parents, doctors nurses and all caregivers. We just ask for Gods blessing upon baby Joel, that He would strenghten Joel and heal him.

1 comment:

Sunnymama said...

Hey Jen-How long did it take Holt to get back with you once you turned in your application? We sent our's last week, just curious when we should be expecting a call or something?
Thanks