Monday, March 01, 2010

18 month old and 1 week to go

I know I have been very quiet lately, sorry! I am still pregnant and getting rather uncomfortable at this point. Today marks 38 weeks and 1 day of pregnancy, only 1 week until my scheduled c-section! My bags are mostly packed, the baby's bed is set up and his clothes are all washed! I REALLY wanted this little guy to wait until March to come and I got my wish. Now all I wish for is that he will be healthy!

We went to our last visit at the perinatologist on Friday and the baby is looking great! They did a biophysical profile (BPP) and he scored 8 out of 8. He is in the 65th percentile for weight (approx 7lbs 7oz at this point) and looks great. His kidney measurement is still higher than "normal" but still in the mild range. It looks like his official diagnosis is Hydronephrosis Grade 1 and he may need a scan before or soon after he leaves the hospital.

By the end of each day I really start to feel horrible, my back begins to really ache and I start to get more contractions but nothing serious yet. If nothing happens before it, we will meet this little guy on Monday the 8th, my c-section is scheduled to start at 7:30am and we will need to be there at 5:30! :) Early day but I haven't been sleeping great anyway.

Brandon is doing great! He had his 18 month well check last week and the doctor is pleased with his progress in language. We had to do some sort of assessment (I think for autism) of his verbal/word recognition skills and he scored in the "not a concern" range for everything! Yay! He is talking more and more; he now says "Hi', "Daddy", "Mommy", "Me", "No", "Amy", "Backpack","Oww" (what he calls the cats based on the noise they make) and has imitated "Thank you" once.

He is a very loving baby who gives tons of kisses especially when you are giving him something he wants, I think it is his way of thanking us. I really hope that he will adjust well when his little brother comes home and that he is ok with me being gone for 3 days. He will get to come visit me but he is such a momma's boy that I know he will really miss me and I will miss him!

Ok, here is a picture of me at 36 weeks 2 days (2 weeks ago). It was taken with my cell so not the best but you get the idea!


Ok, I need to go lay down! Will update when he comes!


1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad things are going well with Branden. Can't wait to see pictures of your knew sweet baby!